At this time, Watermark intends to remain open for business and closings, and has no intention of closing, unless there is a government-mandated, industry-specific, business closure.
As the coronavirus situation continues to evolve, we at Watermark Title remain committed to supporting the health and safety of our customers and employees, while providing the most consistent level of service we can in these conditions. With that in mind, we have been closely monitoring the coronavirus developments and have taken appropriate steps to limit potential exposure to our employees, customers and operations.
Adjustments to Closing Practices and Other Steps Taken:
The company has taken a number of other steps to help protect the health of our customers, our employees and the communities in which we operate, including:
- Making hand sanitizer available in our branch offices
- Wiping down our closing room tables and chairs after each closing
- Providing new pens for each signing and encouraging clients to keep the pens once the closing is completed
- Providing separate closing rooms, if available
- Asking that non-essential parties refrain from attending closings
- Directing any employee with symptoms of illness to stay home.
- Beginning next week of 03/23/2020, pending delivery of UV wands, we will also be implementing germicidal ultraviolet lamp technology cleaning (UV light), which will help inactivate the DNA and RNA of microorganisms (e.g. bacteria, viruses, mold, spores, yeast and protozoa), rendering them ‘sterile’ (unable to reproduce), which, in biological terms results in a ‘dead’ organism.
Adapting to Government Recording Office Closures:
We are actively monitoring the status of government recording offices in our State in order to determine if office closures will affect the ability to record documents for pending transactions. Where the closing of government offices is impacting pending transactions, we are working closely with our customers to enable transactions to move forward with appropriate title insurance coverage, and with as little disruption as possible.
Committed to Meeting Customer Needs – Check Back for Updates:
We will update our web page as appropriate. Watermark Title remains committed to doing all we can during this difficult time to meet our customers’ needs and promote practices that help protect our employees and those we serve. Whether our people are working from home or at the closing table, our customers’ best interests and business remains top of mind. Unless there is a government-mandated shutdown of our business, we have no intention of closing.
Thank you for all you’ve entrusted with us.
Zeb Haney and Joann Birk
Managing Partners at Watermark Title